After a successful 2018 on the sporting field we are very excited to enter the 2019 year and try to defend championships and add new ones to the list this year. The activities below have already been planned for this year. Family and community support is very much welcomed and valued at any of our events throughout the year.
House Captains 2019
House captains will be elected during week 2. Each house will have a Senior Male and Female Captain (from Year’s 11 and 12) and a Junior Male and Female Captain (from Year 6). Good luck to all those who nominate for this role.
CYS Sports Day will be held on Friday the 8th of March (Week 6). Training for this will happen throughout the next few weeks and further information will be forwarded on shortly. As in previous years the Javelin, Triple Jump and Long Run will happen before the day. The Javelin and Triple Jump will happen on Tuesday the 5th of March and the Long Run on Thursday the 7th of March. Again, more information will be forwarded on closer to the dates. To the wonderful helpers that come out and help we will be asking for your help again this year so please contact Jason Clifford at
email@example.com. Let me know if there are any particular groups/students or events you would like to follow or help out with. If you would like to join the productive sports committee at CYS, please let me know also.
Following on from sports day are the Secondary (Yr 8 – 12) and Primary (R – 7) Interschool Sportsdays. The secondary interschool will be held in week 9, Wednesday the 27th of March at Kadina Memorial School. The primary interschool will follow on Thursday the 28th of March at Minlaton District School.
The State Track and Field Championships at Mile End for years 8 – 12 students will be on Tuesday the 9th of April, Week 11. I am looking forward to seeing plenty of CYS students representing our school in the Yorke Peninsula team. The SAPSASA Athletics Championships will occur during Term 2 with the dates to be confirmed shortly.
Other term 1 Events
- On Monday the 18th and Tuesday the 19th 0f February (week 4) the year 9/10’s will be heading on an aquatics camp to Port Vincent. This will give them the opportunity to be involved in a variety of water activities including kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, kneeboarding and snorkelling.
- Reception to Year 6 Students are involved in swimming lessons during weeks 2 and 3 with the weather looking great.
- SAPSASA cricket and tennis dates are yet to be confirmed but parents and students will be informed as soon as we know the dates for these.
- The Adelaide Crows AFLW team will be holding a girls football clinic for students in years 4 – 7 on Monday of week 3 and afterwards there will be a presentation from the Adelaide Crows
- AFL staff to Primary students.
- On Tuesday the 19th February some Adelaide Crows AFL players will visit the school for a kick and catch and a Q + A and signing session.
Upcoming Term 2 Events:
- CYS cross-country. Date TBC
- SACE Outdoor Ed Rockclimbing Camp 15th – 17th May (Wed – Fri) TBC
- SACE Physical Ed Kayaking Camp 22nd – 24th May (Wed – Fri)
- 8/9 9-a-side football – 21st May
- Open Boys and Girls Basketball -29th May
- 8/9 Netball – 6th June
- Other SAPSASA events such as football and netball will run throughout the year but dates for these events depend upon school nominations and draws.
Details about SYP SAPSASA try outs for a range of sports will be advertised through the school’s morning bulletin to students and will be forwarded on to relevant students and families as information comes to hand throughout the year.