Welcome to the Central Yorke Early Learning Centre.
The Educators at the Central Yorke Early Learning Centre believe and develop their practices and pedagogy around the child being the centre of everything we do. We believe that all children’s wellbeing, culture and dispositions for learning are supported through relationships and play and that children are competent and capable learners who need to be challenged in their learning.
ELC Philosophy: The value of play
The value of play is reflected in our Centre philosophy and in our daily program. Play:
- Is children’s work.
- Occurs and has equal value in both the outdoor and indoor learning environments
- Occurs in environments which are inviting and engaging through the use of inspiring spaces
- Is supported and maximised through periods of uninterrupted play.
- Is supported through open ended learning experiences
- Is supported through the nature play pedagogy
- Is promoted by Educators who are advocates for children’s play.
- Is supported through the use of loose parts both natural and manufactured materials.
- Is supported through authentic materials and resources.
The value of relationships is also reflected in our Centre philosophy and in our daily program. Relationships:
- Are vital in children feeling safe, secure and supported.
- Underpin children’s learning and development
- Are reciprocal by working together with children and families
- Are strengthened and developed through a welcoming environment
- Are developed by respecting and working with the community through community involvement and engagement.
- Are a way of respecting the culture of children and families
- Create a sense of belonging for children, families and educators.
- Between educators are respectful supports their own and others wellbeing.
The Early Learning Centre offers a range of programs for children and families birth to 12 years of age. These programs include, the Preschool Program, Rural Care Program and Playgroup.
ELC Parent Information
You can download more information about the ELC’s policies and programs below. The CYS Parent Information guide includes B-12 information, policies, curriculum and procedures.