The theme for #NRW2020 – In this together – is now resonating in ways we could not have foreseen when it was announced it last year, but it reminds us whether in a crisis or in reconciliation we are all in this together.Reconciliation is a journey for all Australians – as individuals, families, communities, organisations and importantly as a nation. At the heart of this journey are relationships between the broader Australian community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.We all have a role to play when it comes to reconciliation, and in playing our part we collectively build relationships and communities that value Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, histories, cultures, and futures.
20 WAYS TO BE IN THIS TOGETHER IN 2020
1. Connect online for the National Acknowledgement of Country at 12 pm Wednesday 27 May
2. Tune in for a live debate: Reconciliation Bridge Walks of 2000: Paving the path for reconciliation, Facebook Live 12pm Thursday 28 May
3. In Concert Together: Busby Marou, Alice Skye & Jimblah hosted by Christine Anu on Facebook Live and ABC Radio 9.05pm Friday 29 May
4. Capture the QR code on the printed poster with your phone’s camera to make the artwork come alive
5. Host an online screening of a Reconciliation Film Club documentary
6. Read your virtual copy of Reconciliation News May 2020 on our website
7. Host a virtual book club or reading room with our reconciliation Look for a Book reading list
8. Download the NRW 2020 video conference background to display in your virtual meetings
9. Download the poster to display in your front window. Share a picture on social with tags: #InThisTogether2020 and #NRW2020
10. Groove out or chill with our reconciliation channel on Indigitube during Reconciliation Week.
11. Learn more about Nikita Ridgeway’s artwork, Reconciliation, a continuing journey of growth and togetherness for NRW 2020
12. Read the Uluru Statement from the Heart and share with your friends
13. Learn about the history of the Reconciliation Bridge Walks, held across Australia 20 years ago
14. Share your photos and memories of the Reconciliation Bridge Walks on social with the hashtags: #InThisTogether2020 and #NRW2020
15. Watch the documentary In My Blood it Runs via Vimeo and check out their free screenings for schools
17. Cook a dish using native ingredients from your local area and share a photo
18. Support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses and enterprises
19. Get creative and hold your own virtual NRW 2020 event with family and friends
20. Stay safe and healthy, and be involved with your local community – because we are #InThisTogether2020.
*(all times AEST)