The ‘To Market’ elective’s goal was for students to create a small business, manufacture an in-demand product, and sell it in the local community. Students had to:
- Create a name and logo for their business.
- Decide on products that could be packaged and sold in a community market
- Cost / make / bake / cook / assemble / their product
- Package / label / advertise their product
- Sell the product at a market.
This week the Elective students completed the last goal by setting up tables in the Primary Coverway. They sold ear-rings, scrunchies, cake pops, Aboriginal Flag cookies, melting moment biscuits, toy boats and brownie cupcakes. The pop-up market was a huge success with everything being sold in under 15 minutes and realising a profit of $130. Congratulations to all the students involved and to teacher Betina Davies for encouraging the students’ entrepreneurship.
Central Yorke School