SACE & VET Courses: Term 1

This term has been a busy one for our SACE students. Subjects are well underway and the efforts that have been made to refresh our curriculum and subject offerings are starting to provide students with a wide range of choices and pathways for success.

We have students completing many sciences with Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Agriculture all being studied for the first time in many years. Running both Physical Education and Outdoor Education is allowing us to provide students with more active choices than ever before. We continue to have a great uptake of traditional subjects like Maths English and History. I can’t thank our staff enough for all the hard work that has gone into making this variety of subjects work and the flexible approaches that are needed to be taken in order for students to study subjects they are passionate about.

Our VET program has also expanded again this year with many students are completing Industry training and gaining valuable experience in the workplace. I really value the support we enjoy from our industry partners, without them these courses are not possible. Our Trade Training Centre has an Agriculture focus and we have been included in a partnership wide Multi Skills Training Program. In Week 10 students from across the peninsula were at our site to complete a part of this training program. I’d like to thank the Allen and Thomson families for allowing us to complete the practical requirement of this course on their properties.

Scott Moore | Pathways Coordinator