As principal, it is my pleasure to welcome you to Central Yorke School.
Our website provides information about the school, its programs, newsletters, activities and other relevant information. It won’t be able to answer all your questions, so I encourage you to contact the school and arrange a meeting at a mutually convenient time so we are able to more fully respond to your questions.
Central Yorke School supports students from Birth to Year 12, across 2 campuses, Maitland and Point Pearce, whilst using innovative learning practices, to empower them to achieve their full potential as successful and valued members of their communities.
Staff take great pride in providing a safe and secure learning environment, whilst at the same time providing a full range of dynamic and challenging academic and extracurricular programs. The core aim of education is to prepare students for the world beyond school, for the world of work or for further study. This is often described as ‘Earning or Learning’. In this context we measure our school’s success by the number of students who leave our school for pathways we deem as successful.
- securing a sustainable job
- securing an apprenticeship or traineeship
- acceptance into a course at TAFE or University
- The partnership between school, parents and students is vital in achieving successful outcomes and we invite you to work with us in aiming for success for your child.
As a parent you can start the pathway to success by encouraging your child to:
- attend school every day unless they are sick
- talk with their teachers or relevant school leaders if they have any problems
- respect the rights of teachers to teach and other students to learn
- complete all set tasks including homework
- be organised, with equipment and books required
- be positive and do the best they can
Grant Keleher (Principal)
Central Yorke School